BUILD UP TO BERSIH 5: ENABLING ENVIRONMENT
OR DISEMPOWERING FOR CITIZENS ACTION
Date: Nov 17, 2016 (Thursday)
Time: 5.30 pm to 7pm
Venue Conference Room at NORTH SOUTH INITIATIVE, A-2-7 Pusat Perdagangan Seksyen 8, Jalan Sg Jernih 8/1, 46050 Petaling Jaya,
Tel/Fax :03 7931 0741
Panel (Invited subject to confirmation)
Dr Khoo Ying Hooi (PROHAM Volunteer) – A review of the events & contemporary environment for action’s peaceful action through peaceful assembly.
· KDN or Police Spokesperson – The position taken by KDN & enforcement and their views pertaining to this action.
· Mr Jerald Joseph (SUHAKAM) – A review of previous inquiries and recommendations on peaceful assemblies.
· Mr Syahredzan Johan (Bar Council) – A review of the current laws pertaining to peaceful assembly and the application of it in Malaysian society
· Spokesperson from Barisan National Youth/UMNO Youth - Political party position on freedom of peaceful assembly
· Dato Saifuddin Abdullah (Chief Secretary Pakatan Harappan) - Political party position on freedom of peaceful assembly
· Ms Maria Chin Abdullah (Chairperson, BERSIH)– A review of emerging issues in exercising the right to peaceful assembly & the way forward
Panel Moderated by Datuk Dr Denison Jayasooria (PROHAM Secretary General)